Nutritious Methi Thepla.
You can cook Nutritious Methi Thepla using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nutritious Methi Thepla
- You need 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Methi Leaves.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Gramflour (Besan).
- You need 2 tbsp of Jowar flour (Jwaari).
- You need 2 tbsp of Oats Flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Curds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Caraway seeds (Carom/Ajwain/Ovaa).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Garlic Paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ginger Paste.
- Prepare To Taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Homemade Ghee (Clarified Butter) for roasting.
Nutritious Methi Thepla step by step
- To make Methi Theplas, first break away the leaves and the very young stems for use and discard the rest. Soak them in fresh water for about 20 minutes to loosen any dirt or worms stuck to the vegetable..
- Thoroughly clean and wash the leaves and drain out all water..
- Chop finely and add to the above mentioned ingredients..
- Knead to a semi soft dough using sufficient water. Apply some oil on the top of the prepared dough and keep aside covered for about an hour or so..
- Take small balls from the dough and roll into fairly thin discs of desired size on a dusted surface, using a rolling pin..
- Heat a griddle, and put the rolled thepla on it. Keep flame medium. When cooked a bit on one side, flip over and increase the flame..
- Grease the top half cooked side with little ghee. When the bottom side is fully roasted, flip the thepla and roast well the flipped side, giving a little pressure on the edges so that it puffs up. Apply ghee on the top side too..
- When both the sides are well roasted, transfer to a hotpot..
- Serve hot with some sweet raw mango pickle or chundaa or some green coriander chutney and tomato ketchup by the side! A bowl of fresh homemade curd along with it, gives freshness to the whole taste!.