My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks. Sweet potatoes for every meal of the day (+ snacks and dessert!)! Sweet potatoes are a complex carbohydrate, high in fiber, and packed with Vitamin B. Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they're a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.
Obviously the sweet potato crisps won't. Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet vegetables that are high in vitamins and fiber, and low-calorie. Find out more about sweet potato health Here are six benefits of sweet potatoes, along with some simple ways to healthfully incorporate sweet potatoes into your everyday meals, snacks, and treats. You can have My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks
- Prepare 150 grams of Sweet potato.
- Prepare 60 ml of Soy milk.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame seeds.
Delicious AND HEALTHY Sweet Potato Muffins! These toddler and kid-approved muffins are naturally sweetened and made with whole grains; the My family's newest meal prep obsession: freezer-friendly sweet potato muffins! I love a good meal prep recipe. I love to use the flavors of favorite desserts that are typically made with high amounts of added sugar and turn them into healthy treats and snacks for the whole family.
My Family's Healthy Sweet Potato Snacks step by step
- Cut the peeled sweet potato into large pieces and put in a microwavable bowl..
- Microwave for 3 minutes and let sit in the steam with the wrap still on for 2 minutes..
- Mash with a fork..
- Add soy milk and salt and mix. The salt will tone down the sweetness, of the sweet potatoes, so if you like, you can add more honey or sweetener..
- Once the sweet potato mixture is smooth, sprinkle in sesame seeds before forming into scoops. *In this photo, they've been place in foil cups, but the ones in the top photo were just rounded into balls..
- Bake in the toaster oven for 5 minutes. (If you are using a normal oven, preheat to 410F/210C and bake for 15 minutes.).
TIP: This Sweet Potato Pudding works for dessert, of course, but it's also a great snack or breakfast. One little tip when making these Healthy Sweet Potato Quinoa Bites is to make sure that the leftover mashed sweet potato and the quinoa are cold before using them – it just makes it so much easier to shape into little mini bites! A healthy way to curb sugar cravings. We've put together a list of healthy sweet snacks that also happen to pack a nutritional (and energizing) punch. As you enjoy these robust sweets instead of empty sugar bombs.