Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken. Be careful not to over cook the thigh meat to the point that it shreds. The jambalaya is best when served directly out of the cast iron pot. While the rice is steaming, the sausage and meat will have a tendency to float to the surface of.
This chicken and sausage jambalaya is, honestly, the best version of this Cajun classic we've ever had. It's made with a whole roasted chicken, smoked Place the chicken carcass, quartered onion, and vegetable trimmings in a large pot. Add the cold water and bring to a boil. You can cook Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken
- Prepare 1 lb of Pork sausage -sliced.
- Prepare 3 lbs of chicken breast -chopped.
- You need 4 of onions -chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bellpepper -chopped.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery -chopped.
- You need 1 pack of green onions chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Couple dashes hot sauce.
- Prepare of Couple dashes Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 6 cups of water I used half broth /water.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice / I used zatarains rice not box rice or u can use regular long grain rice !.
Cajun blood runs deep within my veins. My feet start tapping when a song I know comes on, the dance floor always calls my name, summertime means I turn a nice golden brown, and I am a HUGE fan of shrimp, jambalaya, and sausage gumbo. We paired our Cajun Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya with Balletto Vineyard's Brut Rose. This is a traditional Cajun-style (brown) jambalaya, chock full of smoked meats with nary a tomato in sight.
Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken instructions
- Also season chicken with Cajun seasoning before cooking once that brown sausage an chicken together.
- Then add veggies an cook down till tender or till a lot water cooked out bout half way you can add seasons or wait till u put you water in!.
- Once veggies an meat cook down good add rice an stir constantly till the rice kinda expands, possibly 3-5 mins then add water or broth or like I do half an half then stir good let come to a hard boil.
- Once at a hard boil drop your fire to a simmer an let cook for about 20 mins, then cut your fire off, your pot should have liquid on the top just stir good don’t scratch the bottom of the pot this is called rolling your rice once that put lid back on an let soak up stem for about 15 mins then should be done !.
Although Louisiana-style ingredients are Just don't use breakfast or Italian sausage—their sage and fennel flavors have no place in jambalaya. The Creole seasoning is all-purpose, so both. Add shrimp, chicken bay leaves and thyme. Add sausage and ham stirring well. A Cajun jambalaya recipe from Hank Shaw.