Fried chicken (kara age). Karaage (Japanese fried chicken) is easily one of the greatest fried chickens in the world. It's exceptionally flavorful, juicy and ultra crispy, and absolutely worth hanging out. I love fried chicken of all kinds, but of all the fried chicken in the world, Karaage is my absolute favorite.
The process involves lightly coating small pieces of the meat or fish with flour. Karaage Fried Chicken. featured in Japanese Lunch. Homepage > Recipes > Chicken Recipes > Double Fried Chicken Karaage Recipe (Crispy and Juicy Japanese Fried Chicken). You can have Fried chicken (kara age) using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried chicken (kara age)
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken thigh.
- It’s 1 of Oregon Garden Vinaigrette Fat Free.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of corn starch.
- You need 1 of canola oil.
Duck-fat-fried chicken karaage at Slurping Turtle in Chicago (Photo: Kevin Pang). What strikes me about the Japanese relationship with fried chicken is the frequency of. Karaage or chicken karaage is a Japanese fried chicken dish. This homemade karaage recipe is easy, delicious with simple ingredients.
Fried chicken (kara age) instructions
- cut chicken thigh in pieces..
- grind a peeled garlic..
- put the chicken and the garlic in a plastic bag and pour Oregon Garden Vinaigrette fat free to marinate the chicken..
- close the bag and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hour to one night..
- place the drained chicken in a different plastic bag and place corn starch to court the chicken..
- in a deep pan, pour oil and place over med-high heat..
- place 5 or 6 chicken at one time in the oil..
- when chicken gets brown, turn to brown the other side..
- when chicken is done, drain on paper towels..
The end results are juicy and crispy. Unlike other types of fried chicken, karaage never leaves me feeling greasy and slightly gross afterwards. Perhaps it's the ginger in the marinade, or the crispy-light surface. It is a popular appetizer or side dish served at Japanese restaurants. Light and crunchy bite-sized pieces of chicken are the perfect way.