Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian. Easy to follow recipe for Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian Version. A good recipe if you have a glut of marrows. In this video I show you how I make Stuffed Marrow, a delicious way to use up some of that delicious veg we've been growing.
This simple vegetarian version of the traditional stuffed marrow is utterly delicious and cheap to make. Filled with cheddar cheese, pine nuts and breadcrumbs, it makes a lovely side. A marrow is a vegetable, the mature fruit of certain Cucurbita pepo cultivars. You can cook Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian
- You need 1 medium of Marrow.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1/4 of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of Green Pepper.
- It’s 4 of Mushrooms.
- It’s 1 can of Chopped Tomatoes, small can.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic chopped/minced.
- You need 2 tsp of Mixed Herbs.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Cooked Greens.
Marrow stuffed with a beef mince based sauce and topped with golden, bubbling cheese. Bring a large pan of water to the boil – the pan needs to be large enough to hold the marrow halves. This stuffed marrow with mince recipe is easy and delicious. You can use your favourite mince recipe such as bolognese or chilli (or vegetarian options) to stuff a marrow, so do experiment.
Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian step by step
- This receipe is based on SERVING TWO PEOPLE. If wanting more servings, increase the ingredients & amount of marrow being used..
- Cut about a 3rd off of the marrow. Then cut into two equal circular portions. Cut out the centre of each portion. Set aside the marrow portions for now..
- Cut the onion, peppers & mushrooms into small squares..
- Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil. Once heated add the chopped onions, peppers & mushrooms..
- After a few minutes cooking. Add one of the chopped garlic cloves..
- Once the veg is cooked through, 5 minutes or so. Add the chopped tomatoes & mixed herbs. Heat through for a couple of minutes..
- Take a oven proof dish & wipe with oil to prevent sticking. Place the cooked greens in dish..
- Sprinkle the last chopped garlic clove over the greens..
- Place the marrow on top of the greens. fill the marrow portions with the tomato veg mix..
- If you have any left over tomato veg mix place it on top of the greens around the marrow..
- Placed in a preheated oven. Gas 6 – 185 fan assisted – 190/200 non-fan assisted..
- Cook for 35/40mins. About 5/10 minutes before it's ready, grate your choice of cheese on top of the marrow. Cook till melted cheese is to your liking..
- Serve up & enjoy! I like to do a side of garlic potatoe wedges with it..
Marrow vegetable is a general term used to refer to a number of summer squash varieties. Marrow plants produce abundantly, so if you have one at your disposal – or if a neighbor has a few of them. The Best Stuffed Potato Vegetarian Recipes on Yummly Dairy-free Herb-stuffed Mushrooms, Rich And Crispy Cracker-stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Potato Cakes. Heirloom Kumato Tomatoes Stuffed with Ground Beef and Vegetables.