Tandoori Chicken Dal Curry.
You can cook Tandoori Chicken Dal Curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tandoori Chicken Dal Curry
- Prepare 1/2 kg of chicken (bone-in).
- It’s 1 of sweet onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 of green chillies (sliced).
- It’s 1 of large potato (peeled & cubed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of massoor dal.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes (chopped).
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 3 of coriander leaves (garnish).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
Tandoori Chicken Dal Curry step by step
- Prep the tomatoes, potatoes, onions, and peppers..
- Heat oil in a large pot (I recommend coconut oil). Add in cumin, let it sizzle. Add in onions, green chillies, and salt. Saute until it gets nice and golden..
- Add in all spice powders and curry leaves. You may substitute 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala powder instead of the Garam Masala, coriander powder, and red pepper. Toss until evenly distributed..
- Add in chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, and dal. For a less traditional take, sear the chicken (in a pan with butter before adding it). Mix thoroughly..
- Add water up to the level in the pot and bring it to a boil..
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered at a simmer for 40 minutes..
- Add the lemon juice. Serve with coriander leaves as a garnish..