Mixed vegetable broth.
You can have Mixed vegetable broth using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed vegetable broth
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 4 of celery stalks, chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsp of tricolour quinoa (or plain quinoa).
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare Half of a pack of frozen mixed veg you have in the freezer.
- You need 3 of small or medium new potatoes (old ones will do too), peeled and chopped to small cubes.
- It’s 1 can of tinned beans (any you have at home).
- You need 1 bunch of flat parsley, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, grated or crushed, or 1 tbsp smoked granulated garlic.
- It’s to taste of Salt, black pepper.
- You need of Chilli flakes (optional).
- It’s 1-1.5 litre of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of celery salt (optional).
Mixed vegetable broth instructions
- Pour the water in the pot, and turn on the gas. Make sure the pot is large enough to hold all the vegetables too..
- Add the chopped onion, celery stalk, vegetable stock cube, and the quinoa. Bring it to the boil. Peel and dice the potatoes and chop the parsley while you are waiting for the soup to come to boiling..
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables, the potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic and celery salt, and allow it to gently simmer on medium or low heat until the vegetables are almost done..
- Add the tinned beans (drain it first), and some of the chopped parsley. Adjust the taste with more salt or more of the spices according to your liking..
- When the vegetables are all cooked but still firm (you don’t want mushy vegetables), you are done. It should all take around 30-40 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and chilli flakes. Enjoy !.