You can cook Dal Makhani using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dal Makhani
- It’s 1 cup of black lentils.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 sachet of dal makhani spice.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of medium chopped red onion.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of canola oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoon of dried fenugreek leaves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare Half of and Half to garnish.
- It’s of Cilantro to garnish.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Dal Makhani instructions
- Wash the lentils and add to instant pot.
- Add salt, fresh ginger, water (two inches above lentils) and pressure cook for 25 minutes on high.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté red onions.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Cook on medium to low flame for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked lentils along with the water and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the spice mix and continue to stir to avoid dal from sticking to the pan.
- Add more water to get to desired consistency.
- Add butter, fenugreek leaves and cream towards the end and stir..
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.