Stuffed peppers. Stuffed peppers is a dish common in many cuisines. It consists of hollowed or halved peppers filled with any of a variety of fillings, often including meat, vegetables, cheese, rice, or sauce. The dish is usually assembled by filling the cavities of the peppers and then cooking. "Green peppers stuffed with ground beef and rice and topped with a seasoned tomato sauce." Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
Serve colourful, flavour-packed stuffed peppers for a light Mediterranean-style supper. Choose from a range of fillings, including meat and vegetarian options. Hundreds of satisfied home cooks agree: this stuffed peppers recipe is a winner. You can have Stuffed peppers using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed peppers
- Prepare 2 of peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of coleslaw mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of fat free greek yogurt.
- Prepare 4 oz of sliced turkey breast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion.
- You need 2 oz of roasted red pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of fat free italian dressing.
- You need 1 of light cheesewheel.
It's been proudly served at dinner tables across America ever since it first appeared in the Betty Crocker™ cookbook. Stuffed Peppers, prepared with a Mediterranean-style rice stuffing with spiced meat, chickpeas and more. Stuffed peppers are always a family favorite. This classic version is loaded with ground beef When bell peppers are sliced in half they become the perfect vegetable to stuff with a variety of ingredients.
Stuffed peppers instructions
- Diced up onion and roasted red pepper and turkey.
- Combine coleslaw mix, onion, red pepper, and turkey in a bowl..
- Add greek yogurt and italian dressing to same bowl and fold together.
- Cut up cheesewheel to small strips.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Hull peppers and stuff mix in them..
- Put sliced cheese on top and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Stuffed peppers are what dinner dreams are made of. Stuffed peppers were clearly born from a need to use up leftovers. Most recipes call for at least cooked rice and often cooked beans. Stuffed peppers are the perfect meal, tender bell peppers stuffed with a flavorful beef, sausage and rice filling in tomato sauce. Stuffed Bell Peppers are easy to make and everyone loves them!