(Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry. Serve this easy side with dals or curries or add to a bowl. When Sweet Potatoes and Chard meet, you make Saag Aloo. When Sweet Potatoes and Chard/Other greens meet, make some Saag Aloo.
These spiced-up curried potatoes are simple to make and are an interesting side dish for chicken or fish entrees. Aloo is a South Asian term for potatoes, and curry is a signature spice of India. A bit sweeter than you might usually drink also generally makes a good pairing. You can have (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry
- Prepare 14 of large sweet potatoes OR.
- You need 8 kg of potatoes.
- It’s 14-20 cloves of garlic (minced ca.50-60g).
- It’s 40 g of fresh turmeric or 6tsp dried.
- You need 7 of medium onions (diced ca.965g).
- It’s 6 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 7 tsp of =21g curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 7 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of = cinnamon.
- Prepare 1000 g of =7c diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbs of date (or maple) syrup.
- It’s 2000 ml of full-fat coconut milk.
- It’s 7 of c=850g frozen peas.
- It’s of If needed:.
- Prepare of More coconut milk or veg broth.
- You need of Decorate with:.
- You need of Cilantro.
- You need of Fresh julienne cut ginger.
An easy recipe for Instant Pot sweet potato lentil curry. This comfort food is the perfect weeknight dinner for anyone who loves sweet potatoes, curry or lentils. How to make sweet potato lentil curry in Instant Pot. Turn on the saute function on your Instant Pot and pour in the olive oil.
(Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry step by step
- Dice (peal if you prefer) potatoes.
- Boil until 'al dente' – usually 10min if starting with salted boiling water.
- While boiling the potatoes prepare :.
- Mince garlic and turmeric finely or if mixer available use (in tmx speed 10 for 5sec).
- Chop onions finely (in tmx speed 5.5 for 5sec).
- Add coconut oil to pan and heat up OR if available into cooking mixer.
- If preparing in pan / pot :.
- Heat oil, fry onions till yellow translucent, then add garlic till fragrant.
- Add turmeric.
- Add spices.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook till it becomes pastelike for about half an hour at medium high temperature.
- If you're using the tmx: Varoma speed 1 set for 20-30 min.
- Add ingredients like in pot method with tomatoes being last addition.
- Now mix potatoes (or sweet potatoes) with the paste in large pot.
- Add coconut milk.
- 20min medium flame simmer with lid on.
- Add peas and let sit covered for 5min, flame turned off.
- Add date sirup and stir well.
- Serve with chopped cilantro or thai basil on top.
Aloo curry is the Indian version of a rustic potato soup. Aloo curry is also very economical – I mean, the main ingredients are potatoes and water (have I said that enough?). And if you do any sort of Indian cooking at home, hopefully, you already have the spices for this recipe in your spice cabinet. This Sweet Potato Chickpea curry is a delicious curry for adults, kids and babies. The sweet potato adds a delicious sweetness which complements the spices perfectly.