Oven Pot Roast. Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both inexpensive and require little Everything You Need to Know About Cooking Pot Roast in the Oven. Chuck roast is the key to this pot roast recipe. The meat has wonderful marbling that helps it get Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
When juicy pot roast simmers in garlic, onions and veggies, everyone comes running to ask, "When can we eat?" DIRECTIONS Sprinkle roast well with salt and pepper. Or, set your slow cooker / crock pot roast to cook on low heat instead of high. How to make a Dutch Oven Pot Roast. You can cook Oven Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Pot Roast
- Prepare 3 of or 4 pound roast.
- Prepare 6 of to 8 potatoes ( any kind is fine).
- Prepare 2 of bags baby carrots.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 of Meat tenderizer.
- You need 1 of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 of Parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Roaster pan.
I must admit, this is the best way to make a pot roast! I love my crockpot but a dutch oven really makes the best pot roasts! Watch how to make a comforting pot roast. This simple recipe combines the beef roast with dry onion soup mix, condensed mushroom soup, and vermouth.
Oven Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel potatoes, cuts into big chunks the rinse..
- Rinse roast and then place in the roaster pan, rub with meat tenderizer, and sprinkle garlic powder over roast..
- Place potatoes on one side of the roast, rinse carrots and then place on the other side of roaster pan..
- Sprinkle parsley flakes over potatoes, roast and carrots..
- Rinse onion then slice over meat and veggies..
- Place in oven with a secure lid..
- Bake for 2 – 2 1/2 hours. Depends on the weight of the roast..
It makes a savory gravy as it roasts in the oven. The recipe yields enough for both Roast Beef Hash on Monday, and Pot Roast Tacos With Chimichurri on Tuesday. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Oven Pot roast was a classic family Sunday dinner that Grandma would get started before heading to church and finish when everyone got home. Before the era of the crock pot, the oven did all the work.