Shepherd Pie with a new twist. Shepherd's Pie with a Twist Recipe This Shepherd's Pie with Sweet potato mash is a quick, delicious and unique recipe, perfect for a family or guests. Traditionally a meat pie with a mashed potato crust, shepherd's pie (also known as cottage pie) originated in Ireland. Get creative and try some fun twists Replace classic Irish seasonings with local seasonings of your own.
Patrick's Day, are craving classic comfort food, or just love a hearty and satisfying casserole, Shepherd's Pie is a timeless favorite. A traditional shepards pie with a different twist. this is a cottage pie not a shepherds pie, beef is a cottage pie (like this recipe) and lamb is a shepherds pie. Tell us what you think… Love the new look or think we've missed the mark? You can have Shepherd Pie with a new twist using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd Pie with a new twist
- Prepare 3 packages of County gravy.
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of frozen veggies whatever you like best I use peas and corn.
- Prepare 3 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1 packages of Pillsbury biscuits.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cup of mashed potatoes.
We want to hear your thoughts – good and bad – to make sure. See how to make an amazing shepherd's pie with a special Irish twist. Irish Shepherd's Pie is a twist off of the traditional Shepherd's Pie recipe. A meat pie flavored with Guinness and topped with mashed potatoes!
Shepherd Pie with a new twist instructions
- In hot skillet cook the ground meat. Season with salt and pepper. Just before done drain any excess grease and add the garlic and onions cook until onions start to sweat and garlic is light brown. Take off burner and add frozen veggies set aside for later..
- Preheat oven to 350. In separate pot make the country gravy as package instructs and set aside. In mixing bowl combine the beef mixture from step one , mashed potatoes and half of the cheddar cheese. Mix well..
- Using a greased casserole dish place four of the biscuits cut up on the bottom then add the mashed potatoes and beef mix. Pour the country gravy over top of that make sure to leave a little room you might not use all the gravy but it's great for left overs. Spread the rest of the cheddar cheese and place the remaining biscuits on top. Place on a cookie sheet just in case if it drips cook about 10 minutes until biscuits are done ..
True Shepherd's Pie is made only with lamb meat. If you use beef, the name of the recipe actually changes to Cottage Pie. Because I used beef in this..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. A family friendly classic with a twist, this Quorn Shepherd's Pie uses Quorn mince instead of the traditional lamb, meaning this version is vegetarian and much quicker to prepare – perfect for busy weeknights!