Potato and broccoli au gratin. You've heard of potatoes au gratin, potato gratin and scalloped potatoes. It's all basically sliced potatoes baked in a creamy sauce, so is there really a difference? Every time we post this Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes video, the comments go wild.
There are basically two steps required for this recipe. You cannot go wrong with cheesy potatoes and broccoli and that is exactly what you will find in this slow cooker side dish recipe for Crock-Pot Au Gratin Potatoes & Broccoli. How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. You can have Potato and broccoli au gratin using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato and broccoli au gratin
- It’s of side dishes.
- It’s 2 of large russet potatoes peeled and sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli florets.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated onion.
- You need 2 cup of warm half and half.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible. You can use a mandoline slicer if you have one I made this recipe first with the potatoes and it was delicious. I have been making potato au gratin by making a white sauce for years but this is easier. Home > Recipes > Vegetables > Broccoli and Potato Au Gratin.
Potato and broccoli au gratin instructions
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 375°. Toss potatoes, onions, broccoli and salt pepper together. Place in baking dish creating layers with cheese. Add warm half and half and butter..
- Bake 25-35minutes. Checking after 30 mins. Potatoes should be tender, cheese bubbly and sauce thickened slightly..
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10minutes before serving. Sauce will thicken more as it cools. Enjoy..
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French If you're wondering what the difference is between Scalloped Potatoes and Au Gratin Potatoes, scalloped potatoes are made with a flour-butter-milk. This broccoli gratin recipe features sage with its traditional cheese and broccoli and is a versatile side dish that fits in well with many menus. Gratin using any kind of vegetable is always considered a classic of French cooking. To be a gratin it must be a baked dish but distinctively must have a light.