Ham and mushroom salad. Trim fat from ham, dice finely and mix with the mushrooms. Mix mayonnaise with cream and vinegar, stir into the ham and mushrooms and season with salt and sugar to taste. Ham Salad has been a favorite of mine forever!
Add your favorite flavors from pickles, to dijon mustard or even. A wonderful and easy dish for anyone to try. Sprinkle with orange juice, top the salad with mayonnaise. You can have Ham and mushroom salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and mushroom salad
- You need 1 1/2 cup of brown mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of low fat or fat free cottage cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 1 cup of smoked turkey or lean ham.
- Prepare 1 cup of cucumber, sliced.
- It’s 2 cup of mixed salad leaves.
- Prepare 30 ml of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 30 ml of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper.
Warm salads used to be common on restaurant menus, but their popularity has waned, for no good reason. In a bowl, toss the lettuces. Add the mushrooms and shallots and toss well. Place in a large salad bowl and add the beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, watercress, spinach and rocket.
Ham and mushroom salad instructions
- Slice mushrooms, pan fry till just brown, add any herbs and spices for flavour. Leave to cool down..
- Mix mushrooms with cottage cheese..
- Chop cherry tomatoes, turkey/ham & cucumber..
- Mix all ingredients togehter with salad leaves (try using a mix pack with herbs for a more tastey variety)..
- Mix lemon juice & balsamic vinegar, use as dressing and season with ground pepper..
Just before serving, shake the dressing again and sprinkle it over the salad. Toss well, scatter over the chives. Add the tortellini, diced ham, chopped pepper, sliced mushrooms, chopped olives and green onions. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. Ham is a good variant as a component for salads because you don't need to cook the meat, you simply cut the ham and add it to a salad.