Traditional Cream Free Carbonara. As Alberto went on to tell us, traditional carbonara pasta from the Parma/Bologna region is made with eggs instead of cream, yet the result is a lusciously creamy and super addictive pasta sauce that will have you licking your plate clean and looking for seconds. It's usually made with locally produced small goods such as guanciale or pancetta, but when cooking at home bacon is a super. Traditional carbonara doesn't have any cream in it.
Great recipe for Traditional Cream Free Carbonara. The popular carbonara is cooked with tons of butter, heavy cream and fat bacon, makes it super greasy and sticky. But do you know that the traditional Italian carbonara is cream free? You can have Traditional Cream Free Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Traditional Cream Free Carbonara
- It’s 2 of whole egg, 1 egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Parmesan cheese power.
- Prepare 100 g of bacon cube, in French is Lardons.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need of Spaghetti for 2 people.
It's much healthier but also rich in taste. However you make Carbonara, remember never to throw the eggs in full heat (i.e. directly in the frypan pan) as they will overcook and you'll have scrambled eggs! They will cook just enough with the heat from the pasta in the bowl. Carbonara Sauce is one of the most-used gastronomic delicacies in traditional Italian cuisine.
Traditional Cream Free Carbonara instructions
- Boil the water, cook the spaghetti according to the instruction on the package, in the mean while, prepare the sauce..
- Heat the pan, add a little bit oil, add the bacon, slowly cook the bacon with median heat until all the bacon oil has come out and bacon become brown and crispy, if you feel there are too much oil, get a kitchen pepper and remover some of them in the pan. In the mean time the spaghetti should be nearly cooked..
- Add the chopped garlic to the pan, cook it with bacon a little bit until the smell has come out, or you can choose to cook it a little bit more like until golden brown..
- Prepare the egg sauce, whisk eggs and egg yolk together, add Parmesan, salt, pepper. Mix them well together. This is the traditional carbonara sauce, its creamy, rich and healthy..
- Turn off the heat. Add freshly cooked spaghetti to the bacon pan(don't add too much spaghetti water), remove the pan from the heat, quick stir to mix the spaghetti with the bacon, garlic and bacon oil.(finish this part in 15 second).
- 15 second after removed from the pan(get a perfect temperature, not too hot to cook the egg, not too cold to get soup noodle), quickly add the egg sauce to spaghetti, stir it quickly, prevent the scrambled egg:), you will get a creamy texture..
- Add additional Parmesan powder on the top as you like, and enjoy !.
This sauce is usually paired with pasta, and spaghetti is usually the pasta of choice, although it can also be enjoyed with fettucine, tagliatelle, rigatoni and bucatini. Traditional carbonara in Italy is made without cream. It's a drier carbonara, to be sure, but not less satisfying. Still, if you're accustomed to the North American version of carbonara as it is served at popular restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden and so forth, a cream-free carbonara might not be what you want. This [recipe] comes right from Italy.