Vegetarian Pizza. Learn how to make the best vegetarian pizza recipes when you want to go meat-free. Homemade Vegetarian Pizza Recipes: Next-Level Good. written by. New, 'gourmet' pizza chains have established themselves and are proving to be hugely.
Vegetarian pizza, a baked meatless Italian pie, is an option for vegetarians, those who may have a special needs diet, or simply for those looking for a healthier alternative to regular pizza. You don't need to be a vegetarian to love these pizzas topped with all kinds of cheeses and vegetables galore. Use store-bought dough for the ultimate no-fuss pizza night. You can have Vegetarian Pizza using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Pizza
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of *Yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 of *Salt.
- You need 1 of *Warm water as required.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Butter.
- You need 1 of Mozerrella Cheese.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable toppings of your choice.
So, to make my perfect vegetarian pizza, I'm going to start with some olive oil right on the crust. A good amount of olive oil. You just kind of brush it all the way to the edges. Cook up the Vegetarian Pizza for your next get-together.
Vegetarian Pizza instructions
- Mix the all purpose flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl..
- Add warm water slowly and mix the flour mixture until it becomes a solid ball. Take care to mix it using the blunt side of a knife or a spatula in a cutting motion. Once the dough has come together in the bowl, put it on a slightly floured area and knead it for about 10 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with Olive oil and place the dough in it. Cover it with a wet kitchen towel or cling wrap and keep it in a warm place for about 1-2 hours or till the dough has doubled in size..
- Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down so as to let out all the air and knead it again on a slightly floured surface for about 2 minutes..
- Once kneaded, the dough is ready and you can either make pizza right away or save it for later by wrapping it in a cling wrap and placing it in the fridge..
- Using your hands, flatten the dough into a circle. Stretch it from one side while continously turning the dough in one direction. In this way you can increase the diameter of the pizza base..
- Once it forms around 8 inches in diameter you can use your knuckles to stretch the outer portion because by this time the centre would have become thin compared to the outer portion.You can also use a rolling pin to roll the dough until you reach the desired shape and thickness..
- You can add any topping of your choice. I have used basil paste, tomato ketchup, onion rings and some olives..
- Apply some butter on the dough and some basil paste over it..
- Squeeze some Tomato ketchup over the basil paste and add the Onions and olives uniformly over the dough. You can also put some shredded mozerella cheese over the top..
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°F Celsius. Place the prepared dough in it and bake it for about 10 – 15 minutes or until the sides starts to turn brown..
- There you have a yummy vegetarian Pizza all for yourself. Enjoy it and let me know if you liked it..
- *Yeast – I have used instant dried yeast. So there was no need for me to dissolve it in water beforehand. I could straightaway use it in the flour mixture as given in the recipe..
- *Salt- I have used 1-2 teaspoon cooking salt. Make sure you don't use salt that says 'Anti caking agent' as it might affect the baking process..
- * Warm water- The water has to be warm at around 43 degree celsius and not boiling. The temperature is only indicative to show that the water must not be too hot as hot/boiling water will hinder the fermentation by yeast..
Red pepper tomato sauce and pizza dough can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen until the day pizza is prepared. This Vegetarian Pizza is loaded with bell peppers, olives, onions, and even more fresh veggies! The mixture of salty feta and creamy mozzarella really make this veggie pizza. Find healthy, delicious vegetarian pizza recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. Vegetarian Pizza was created for users to share their favorite pizza recipes!