Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers. Green bell peppers are stuffed with rice, chili-style tomatoes, and Mexican cheese blend, creating a hearty and not-too-spicy vegetarian dinner the whole family will love. These filling and flavorful vegetarian stuffed peppers are an updated version of my mom's stuffed peppers, which were a favorite when I was growing up in upstate New York. These Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers are made low carb by swapping regular rice for cauliflower rice!
But, what they lack in beefiness, they more than make up for in flavor. Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Peppers: Imagine your favorite Greek salad, sans lettuce. These protein-packed vegetarian stuffed peppers are a delicious way to showcase seasonal bell peppers. You can cook Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- You need 4 large of green peppers.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 cup of cooked brown rice.
- It’s 1 cup of canned black beans, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of hot pepper sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom, optional.
- Prepare 1 can of (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Prepare 1 can of (8 oz) no-salt-added tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded Colby cheese.
They're weeknight-friendly, made mostly with pantry staples, and feature the Latin flavors of. This vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe is one of our favorite summer dinners! This vegetarian stuffed peppers recipe is simple and customizable! If you don't have orzo, use couscous.
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Discard stems. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, rice, beans, pepper, pepper sauce and cardamom if desired. Spoon into peppers. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray..
- In a small bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, and tomato sauce. Spoon over peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted..
These Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers are stuffed with loads of spicy rice, cheese and more. This particular recipe was born from a recent side dish we made, Mexican Rice. These delicious Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers are loaded with rice, veggies, black beans, spices and smothered with cheese. They're so flavorful and and it's just a bonus that they're healthy too! I'm so happy I found your website while searching for, "vegetarian stuffed peppers" we made this.