Potato and peas masala. #potato #peas #kadaai masala #aloo matar #potato peas #sabzi #aloo sabzi #matar sabzi #side dish #aloo gravy #curry #gravy #potato sabzi #potato kadaai #fry. Potatoes are like this…extremely popular and have multipurpose usage. And did you always think that eating a potato will make you fat?
Made this with potato instead of peas. Diced up the potatoes and added at the same time as the. Potato and Green Peas Masala Bhaat Video by Tarla Dalal. You can have Potato and peas masala using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and peas masala
- You need of For tempering.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare of Curry leaves 2 strings.
- You need 2 of Green chilli.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 4 of potato medium size.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need of Salt as required.
- Prepare of Water as required.
- Prepare leaves of Coriander.
- You need of Masala powders.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
Sweet potatoes make a surprisingly delicious addition to a traditional Indian recipe for chana masala. Mix curry powder, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric together in a bowl; add to the skillet and stir. When the potatoes are still warm, peel and crumble them. You can also chop them and keep aside.
Potato and peas masala instructions
- First boil the potato with a pinch of salt in it. When it is done peel the skin and break into small pieces and keep them ready..
- In a pan add oil and when it is hot add all the tempering items mentioned above..
- When they all started to splutter add chopped onions, when it is golden add ginger garlic paste..
- Saute until the raw smell goes off. Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute until everything turns mushy..
- Now add all the masala powder, mix it well to the paste. Add a half cup of water and let them boil for few minutes..
- Now add the potato and green peas (I used frozen). Check for salt here. Cover with lid and let them sit for a while..
- After it reaches the consistency you want. Remove the pan from heat and add chopped coriander leaves..
- Now you can enjoy them with chapati/rotis..
Season with salt as per taste. Mix the salt with the rest of. Aloo dum is a potato and pea curry which is possibly the most common vegetable curry in India. If I was describing it to somebody I'd just say boil potatoes, fry them with garam masala, add some tomato, chilli, turmeric and salt and it's done; then, if you like, throw in frozen peas just before the end. These parathas are made from all purpose wheat flour stuffed with spicy potato masala or any other vegetable.