Mincemeat Cookies. WE CALL these "Santa's cookies" because they're what we put out for Santa instead of the usual decorated Christmas cutouts. This was pretty similar to the mincemeat cookie recipe on my package of mincemeat. The Best Mincemeat Cookies Recipes on Yummly
Mincemeat Cookies Mince Meat Calorie Diet Saturated Fat Cookie Bars Allrecipes Christmas Cookies Baking Soda Cookie Recipes. These melt in your mouth Thumbprint Mincemeat Cookies use homemade fruit mincemeat to bring a burst of festive flavor a fun new twist to your Christmas cookie platter. I prefer mincemeat cookies to the more traditional and intense mincemeat pie. You can have Mincemeat Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mincemeat Cookies
- You need 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter – softened.
- You need 1 cup of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (packed) light brown sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of prepared mincemeat.
- You need 3 1/4 cups of unbleached all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
My great-aunt used to make mincemeat cookies every year and I loved them. All-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, vegetable shortening, sugar, eggs, mincemeat. Cream shortening, adding sugar gradually and cream until fluffy. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
Mincemeat Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on low to cream together..
- Add all 3 eggs and vanilla. Continue to beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add mincemeat. Stir by hand to incorporate..
- Add 1/2 of flour mixture. Beat on low until just incopprated. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add remainder of flour mixtures. Beat on low again until just incorporated..
- Drop 2 tbs of batter for each cookie onto baking sheet, spaced 2-3 inches apart. Bake in oven for 10 minutes..
- Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat baking process until all batter is used up. Enjoy!.
Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well. Add eggs, and beat until smooth. Add mixed dry ingredients and then stir in mincemeat. I Always Have a Batch of These Mincemeat Cookies on Standby Around the Holidays. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly!