Basil Corn Pasta. Pastas, Basil, Corn, Mint, Parmesan, Pasta, Scallion, Main Course, Summer. It uses plenty of basil, some. Basil Corn Fusilli, which as the name suggests in a delectable preparation of cooked fusilli enhanced with onion and corn, and pepped up with aromatic fresh basil and parsley too.
Sauté corn and garlic in the bacon fat until the corn is starting to caramelize. Stir in cooked spaghetti and toss to coat the pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with more Parmesan, if desired. You can have Basil Corn Pasta using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basil Corn Pasta
- It’s 12 ounces of bowtie pasta.
- You need of Sauce base.
- Prepare 2 of large ears fresh corn (2 cups kernels).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of broth or water.
- You need 1 bunch of green onions (about 7 or 8).
- Prepare of Sauce main.
- It’s 1/4-1 cup of broth or water.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (grated).
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare 3 Tbl of butter.
- You need 1 handful of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
Fold in reserved corn, scallions, basil, and bacon. Serve sprinkled with additional cheese and. There's no cream in this wonderfully summery pasta dish, just a luscious sauce made from puréed fresh corn and sweet sautéed scallions, along with Parmesan for depth and red chile flakes for a. A garnish of basil finishes it all off with fresh herbal flavor that perfectly highlights the basil-infused pasta. with Sweet Corn & Cubanelle Pepper.
Basil Corn Pasta instructions
- Get your pasta cooked, just shy of el dente.
- Cut kernels off of the ears of corn. you should have around 2 cups..
- Chop green onions, seperate white and green parts.
- Heat some oil in skillet, medium high, add white part of green onions and garlic, cook until soft, 3 minutes, i only onion tops, so i used those here..
- Add 1/4 cup broth/water add all BUT 1/4 cup of the corn kernels. cook until corn has softened, 3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, stir in cook 1 minute.
- Transfer to a blender, if needed, add a small amount of broth/water to blend to a smooth consistency.
- Heat the skillet again, on high, add the butter allow to melt. add 1/4 cup of reserved corn, cook 1 minute to soften.
- Add blender contents into skillet, cook 1 minute, reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the red pepper and 1/4 cup broth/water, stir.
- Add pasta, stir, add parmesan stir. add more broth/water until Sauce is to your liking..
- Add green part of the green onions and torn basil leaves. stir, taste. add salt and ground black pepper to taste..
- Add a little broth/water if the sauce is to thick, stir.
What are we making for dinner? This recipe for Creamy Corn Basil Pasta is extremely simple. Reviews for: Photos of Basil Chicken and Pasta. Street corn just became a potluck favorite in this simple pasta salad. Add tomato, corn, pine nuts and Parmesan to penne.