Cube Steak & Gravy Instant Pot IP. Cube steak or cubed steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized and flattened by pounding with a meat tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process (called "cubing"). This is the most common cut of meat used for the American dish chicken fried steak.
Cube steak is a cut of beef tenderized by fierce pounding with a meat tenderizer, or use of an electric tenderizer. These smothered cube steaks are truly mashed potatoes best friend. Season steaks with salt and pepper. You can have Cube Steak & Gravy Instant Pot IP using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cube Steak & Gravy Instant Pot IP
- You need of Dredge.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour (ap).
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp. of Cayenne (optional).
- It’s of Main.
- Prepare 3/4 pounds of cube steak.
- It’s 1 of gravy packet.
- You need 1/2 of large onion.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Pepper.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 tsp. of Cayenne (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2-2 cups of broth.
Mix flour and garlic powder in a large shallow plate and dredge steaks. Make your onions FIRST: Here is a quick tutorial on how to make Cube Steak (even grass-fed) is pretty cheap so stock up. Once you cook this recipe, it will quickly. Watch how to make an incredibly easy cube steak.
Cube Steak & Gravy Instant Pot IP instructions
- Mix dredge ingredients in whatever container you wish..
- Cut your cube steak how you like, I like bite sized pieces..
- I just toss it in the dredge until coated..
- Chop half an onion, I like this long, but do what you like..
- Set your IP to saute.
- Add 2-3 Tbl. Oil to the liner. Once hot, put in your floured meat and brown it..
- Once your meat is just browned, add your onions..
- Keep stirring until the onions just turn a little.
- I happened to buy this gravy, use what you like..
- Add your gravy and broth to the mix in the liner. Give it a stir..
- Set your IP to pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Quick Release (QR) pressure when time is up.
- Stir the contents, check the gravy. You may add a corn starch slurry now, if you want it thicker, or take a stick blender to it if that's the way you roll. Mine was thinner than I like, but my wife requested thinner gravy this go round, she won 😉.
- We served this with a potato and cauliflower mash which is posted also..
Seasoned steaks are fried and then slowly simmered in broth. After a couple hours, the meat comes out so tender and delicious. Season steak with salt and pepper then dredge through flour mixture making sure not to coat the meat too heavily. Cubed steaks are coated in flour and pan-fried. This country-style steak is covered in a super flavorful onion gravy that gets lots of onion flavor from a large sliced onion and a packet of dry onion soup mix.