Pineapple chicken fried rice.
You can cook Pineapple chicken fried rice using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple chicken fried rice
- Prepare of Main ingredients.
- It’s 200 g of raw chicken breasts.
- Prepare 60 g of brown basmati rice(uncooked).
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper(diced).
- Prepare 50 g of pineapple.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 10 g of butter.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce(low sodium).
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh ginger or ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sriracha sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of arrowroot starch.
Pineapple chicken fried rice step by step
- Bring water to boil, then add rice, turmeric and ½ of olive oil. Reduce the heat to simmer, then cover and cook for about 30 minutes untill the rice is fully cooked and the water has been absorbed..
- Set a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot add 10g of butter and the chicken(cut into 2-3 cm chunks). Sear the chicken on the outside edges untill brown, then cook the chicken completely through, about 5-7 minutes. Then remove the chicken from the skillet..
- Reduce the heat to medium then add remaining ½ olive oil. Add the already minced garlic, then mix to flavor the oil, about a minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic..
- Toss in the bell pepper and cook for an additional minute..
- Increase the heat to medium-high and toss in the pineapple(cut into 1cm pieces). Stir everything together for about a minute, then add the rice and the chicken. Fold everything together..
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Move the mixture to one side of the skillet then pour in the sauce. As soon as it starts to bubble, immediately and continuously fold the rice mixture into the sauce, ensuring the rice is fully coated and saucy..
- Garnish with green onion and fresh cilantro if desired..