Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup.
You can cook Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup
- It’s of Main Recipe.
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- It’s 2 bunch of broccoli.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Optional Garnish.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 12 each of walnuts.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of goat cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of fresh cracked pepper.
Simple, Delicious Broccoli Soup instructions
- Place all the water and the salt in a stock pot, put the lid on, and heat to a rolling boil..
- As the water boils, breakdown the broccoli. One of the best techniques to do this is too hold the broccoli upside down by the stem on the chopping block and cut off all of the florets. Then take the stem slice it lengthwise and chop it into a half inch semicircles..
- The parts of the stem will need to cook slightly longer, about 5 minutes, than the florets. Once the water is boiling add the stem pieces then after 5 minutes add the broccoli florets and cook 5 to 10 minutes until a knife can easily slice through any of the broccoli within the pot.
- Once the broccoli is cooked drain the broccoli, reserving the most of the liquid. This will be the stock of the soup.
- Add all the broccoli into your blender then add about 1 cup of reserved stock. Blend on medium for 15 to 20 seconds and then turn up to high for another 10 seconds. You can do this until you have reached a desired consistency. If the soup is too thick, add some more of the stock slowly until you reach the desired texture..
- Choose your favorite bowl, place a few walnuts in the bottom (OPTIONAL), and portion out some of the soup. Garnish with some olive oil, pepper, and a pinch of salt if necessary..
- BONUS POINTS: finish each bowl with a pinch of soft goat cheese crumbles..
- Notes: If you have a high quality blender, like a vitamix, your soup will be more uniform and silky. Feel free to blend longer to achieve the desired texture. As with most recipes that call for nuts, roasting them at 375°F for 7-10 minutes will yield a better flavor. Be sure to let them cool to room temperature before use. The goat cheese should be added at room temperature..