Pan Seared Cod w Vegies. Steps In medium pan heat to medium high add garlic cloves tossed garlic till light brown remove. Add fish to garlic oil and cook a few minutes when fish easily moves in pan turn over. This Pan Seared Cod w/ Veggie Relish & Capers recipe idea was derived one evening when I was trying to combine a protein and veggies for a delicious and quick one pan dish.
Note that pan-seared cod, or any other fish, isn't flipped. You sear the one side crispy, drop or even remove the pan from the heat, add butter and baste the rest of the fish with the hot butter until it's cooked through. Serve your fish with anything you like, really. You can cook Pan Seared Cod w Vegies using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan Seared Cod w Vegies
- It’s of main.
- It’s 2 of cod or other white firm fish.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of jalapino seeded and sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 of red bell pepper sliced thin.
- You need 2 of green onions sliced on angel.
- You need 1 tbsp of capers.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun spice.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
I typically raid the garden and make a salad. A low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth blended with the oil and seasonings in the skillet will create a thin sauce in the time it takes to cool the cod. Add it carefully, as the oil is likely to. Pat cod dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Pan Seared Cod w Vegies instructions
- In medium pan heat to medium high add garlic cloves tossed garlic till light brown remove..
- Add fish to garlic oil and cook a few minutes when fish easily moves in pan turn over. Add remainder of ingredients. Saute 3 to 5 minutes. Save lemon for right before serving. Squeeze lemon on top and serve..
Brown fillets lightly on both sides; remove from pan. In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Pan-Seared Cod Over Vegetable Ragout Photo: Randy Mayor. View Recipe: Pan-Seared Cod Over Vegetable Ragout This easy-to-fix skillet dinner elevates plain white fish to the height of good taste as the fish is incorporated into a Mediterranean-style ragout chock-full of tasty ingredients such as prosciutto and shiitake mushrooms.. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.