Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-fry. Tender chicken and crisp veggies tossed in a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. The sauce for this stir fry is easy to adjust if you want to cut back the heat. I would suggest just adding two tablespoon of the chili sauce to the sauce mixture then taste it.
The secret to its success is the texture of the chicken and the AMAZING stir fry sauce that combines honey and sriracha for that perfect sweet and spicy flavor balance. Serve the stir-fry mixture over hot cooked rice or Asian noodles. Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry is a quick and easy one-dish meal that will be be your family nex favorite dish. You can have Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-fry using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-fry
- You need of Main Dish.
- It’s 1 lb of Boneless Chicken (cut into small pieces).
- It’s 2 medium of Bell Peppers (Yellow and Red; Julianned).
- It’s 1/2 medium of White Onion (Chopped).
- It’s 3 small of Serrano Chiles (Julianned).
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Paprika.
- You need 1 of Prepared Steamed White Rice.
- You need 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil for cooking (adds a nice sweetness).
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic (smashed).
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 oz of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
For extra heat to this chicken stir-fry, add more hot sauce, or use a lighter hand for milder flavor. In this easy stir-fry, chicken is dusted with a coating of cornstarch just before hitting a hot pan to create a delicate crust—perfect for soaking up our vibrant sauce, made with spicy sambal oelek, sweet chili, and creamy mayo. It's the ideal topping for a simple bed of fluffy jasmine rice studded with sautéed. Watch as Michele makes a fantastic chicken stir-fry recipe.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-fry instructions
- Prepare vegetables (as in description) and set aside..
- Prepare sauce by adding the necessary ingredients together and wisking it until you get a nice blend. Set Aside..
- Over medium heat, fry the chicken pieces with the salt, pepper, and paprika..
- When the chicken is about half way done, add the sauce into the pan with the chicken. Cover and let it simmer. The sauce will begin to thicken up after about 10-15 minutes..
- Note: Make sure you stir the chicken every so often to get that nice thick coating around the chicken..
- As the chicken and sauce are hooking up, fry your vegetables into a nice sautee along with the garlic. Set aside when onions are translucent..
- When the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened, stir in the vegetables and allow the flavors to marry for a couple minutes..
- Finished! Serve over a nice bed of white Steamed rice..
This chicken stir-fry gets a punch of flavour from Kraft Calorie-Wise Catalina Dressing. A Thai inspired stir fry dish with a wonderful savory, sweet and spicy flavor combination made with colorful bell peppers, fresh pineapple and chicken. They kindly shared the recipe with me which I slightly modified to give it more kick. If you don't like your food too spicy you can leave out the chili. They may not be a common stir-fry ingredient, but their jammy sweetness is a welcome surprise between bites of Remove skillet from heat and stir in fried peanuts and chopped cilantro.