Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast. DIRECTIONS Add beef and mix well to coat with everything. Use these slices of roast, lettuce, cucumber and tomato as per your taste and make great sandwiches. POT ROAST – My loving aunt Celie Coutinho made the best Pot Roast.
Quiet the similar taste to what my aunt prepares.thank u. Recipe Name. : Goan Beef Pepper Stew. Between sheets of waxed paper, pound peppercorns with mallet until coarsely crushed. You can cook Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 kg of Beef, cut into large cubes.
- Prepare 5-6 of Cloves.
- You need 3-4 of Dry red chilies, split into two.
- It’s of Ingredients For Marination.
- Prepare 2-2.5 tablespoons of Ginger & garlic paste (add less if you find the flavor too overpowering).
- Prepare 2-2.5 teaspoons of Ground mustard (add less if you find the flavor too overpowering).
- It’s 1-1.5 teaspoons of Freshly milled black pepper.
- It’s 1-1.5 tablespoons of Vinegar (I used regular white vinegar).
- You need to taste of Salt,.
Mix in oregano; spread out evenly. Make small slits in roast; insert garlic slice in each. Roast beef is a traditional English dish of beef which is roasted. Essentially prepared as a main meal, the leftovers are often used in sandwiches and sometimes are used to make hash.
Aunt Indra's Goan Pepper Beef Roast instructions
- In a large bowl, add the beef and the ingredients listed under "Ingredients For Marination". Mix well with hands and leave aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour. (You could also avoid the resting period and proceed to the cooking directly after marination.).
- Add the marinated beef cubes into a pressure cooker and cook the meat till cooked completely. Please note that the meat needs to be cooked well but shouldn't break down into smaller pieces and be too soft; instead it should hold shape..
- If there is excess gravy after the meat has been cooked, reduce the gravy till you have 1/2 cup of thick gravy..
- Separate the cooked beef pieces from the gravy and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a large pan and add cloves and chilies into it. Fry till a nice aroma comes through..
- Now add the cooked beef pieces and on medium to low heat, roast the beef till it is well roasted and the meat has turned a lovely black color..
- At this time, add the reserved gravy into the beef and continue to roast on medium to low heat till the gravy has dried up, the beef is beautifully roasted (it should have a nice blackish roasted color) and has a lovely sheen after the pan roasting process..
- Serve hot with freshly prepared mashed potatoes and bread. (refer notes).
- You could also add one large onion (finely sliced) while frying the beef. I did not..
- Serving Suggestions:.
- Serve the beef roast along with mashed potatoes and bread..
- Serve as a starter or appetizer..
- Serve along with fries..
- Slice the roasted beef into smaller pieces and add into sandwiches..
In the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand, and Australia. PagesBusinessesLocal serviceIndian Food Recipes & CookingVideosBeef Pepper Roast Slow roasting beef gives you a juicy, tender roast served best with your favorite veggies. I also have a Garlic Infused Roast Beef for those garlic lovers. Leftover roast beef make a great lunch the next day, some of my favorites are Roast Beef Sandwich with Melted Cheese and Caramelized Onions.