Boston Baked Beandogs. This recipe for Boston baked beans uses navy beans, molasses, brown sugar, and ketchup to create a wonderful old-fashioned baked bean flavor. Boston baked beans, one of the most famous of many versions of baked beans to come out of New England, stars very few ingredients, the main ones being no more than beans, molasses, and salt pork. The secret is a long, slow cook in a dry oven to gently tenderize.
Homemade Boston Baked Beans – Make baked beans from scratch with this recipe from The Spruce Eats. Slow cooked crockpot Boston Baked Beans! These homemade baked beans are easy to prepare and have loads of molasses flavor. You can cook Boston Baked Beandogs using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Boston Baked Beandogs
- It’s 2 pound of beef hotdogs.
- You need 29 ounces of canned sauerkraut.
- Prepare 1 pint of Boston baked beans see my recipe.
- It’s 16 slices of hotdog buns.
- It’s To taste of dijon mustard.
- It’s To taste of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- You need To taste of mayonnaise.
Great with hot dogs or franks! Why the "Boston" in Boston Baked Beans. For meatless baked beans that are low in fat and sodium but still packed with flavor, omit the traditional salt pork. Boston Baked Beans. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Boston Baked Beandogs step by step
- Cook the hotdogs and sauerkraut together in a pot..
- Add to the buns, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut, and hotdogs..
- Add beans on top, hot or cold, and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Simmered in molasses, these slow-cooker Boston baked beans are perfect to take to your next potluck. The sauce is sweet, dark and rich and they complement anything you serve with them.—Darlene Duncan, Langhorne, Pennsylvania. These Boston baked beans from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall are great on toast. Replace the lid on the casserole. Bake the beans into the oven to bake for about three hours.