Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not. I am looking to prepare a roasted squash soup base/stock. I plan on pairing the meal with a stout beer tasting. As such, I don't want to have much water content and will be adding things like celery and corn later on. even if the stock will come out as a gravy I am not worried much about consistency as.
Keep this soup well chilled, but not so much that the. And not one of those teeny tiny trendy ones. Snag yourself a Big Gulp mo' fo' yo' money straw for maximum suction efficiency. You can cook Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not
- It’s 1 of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 pc of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- Prepare 1 spoonful of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- You need 1 spoonful of sliced ham (optional).
- It’s 1 spoonful of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- Prepare 1 of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 of dollops cream (optional).
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of coconut cream (optional).
Celebrate fall & winter produce with these nourishing soups! Roasted Squash Soup with Smokey Harissa and Crispy Chickpeas – perfect for cooler fall evenings. Delicious, healthy, and creamy, this Vegetarian Butternut Squash Black Bean Soup is everything you need to keep warm through the cold winter months. This soup is super easy to prepare and makes a great addition to any party, potluck or as the main course on a busy weeknight.
Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not instructions
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
These hearty vegetarian soups, stews and chilis will warm you up on cold days. Hearty lentil, creamy cauliflower, curried carrot – so many choices. Roasted squash lends a delicate sweetness to this creamy soup. Onions, vegetable stock, and roasted squash are processed to a fine consistency. Even my husband, who does not typically care for butternut squash, loved this soup!