Vegan Cottage pie for babies. Vegan Cottage pie for babies Weaning friendly no salt baby food. #babyfood #weaning #vegan. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. The perfect hearty entree for colder weather.
Here is how you cook that. Ingredients of Vegan Cottage pie for babies. Vegan Cottage pie for babies Weaning friendly no salt baby food. #babyfood #weaning #vegan. You can cook Vegan Cottage pie for babies using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Cottage pie for babies
- It’s 1/2 cup of green lentils.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Prepare Tablespoon of oregano.
- You need of Potatoes.
- It’s of Baby milk of choice.
- It’s of Slither of oil.
Place peeled & cubed sweet potato in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. Traditional Shepherd's pie contains ground beef, which I considered […] How to Prepare Tasty BBQ Chicken Wings. Meanwhile, chop the carrots, celery, and onion, sauté in vegan butter or oil for a few minutes.
Vegan Cottage pie for babies step by step
- Ingredients ✅.
- Cook carrots, onions and garlic in oil. Chop thinly and cook until soft.
- Dice potatoes and put on to boil.
- When onions, carrots & garlic is cooked & soft add lentils with water and oregano. You can also add more herbs here to taste (depending on where you baby is in weaning). Crank the heat so the lentils cook, stirring regularly.
- Keep stirring lentils and adding water as necessary until they are cooked. And if you need to walk off and look after your baby turn the hob off. Don’t forget and burn the whole thing…. 🙋🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️😭.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and leave to cool. When they are room temperature blend with baby milk of choice (breast or formula).
- When lentils are cooked, leave to cool and blend with baby milk of choice. You may also want to add peas for protein..
- Portion for baby together like a cottage pie, with lentils and potato in each portion. Making as big as your baby would like..
- Note on storage. For baby food mixed with breast milk this can be kept in the fridge for 3 days from when the milk was pumped and 6 months in the freezer. For formula follow your providers instructions..
As a british person from the north of England, corn and green beans wouldn't be ideal for a Sheperds/Cottage Pie — not sure what dish this would make, though it wouldn't be traditional British food. Of course I didn't grow up eating a vegan cottage pie – I wouldn't have known what veggie mince was if it slapped me in the face – but honestly this is way better. This is also often called a shepherds pie. The difference is that shepherds pie is usually made with lamb and cottage pie is made with beef. A classic Cottage Pie, sure to be a winner.