Pan cooked Oxtail. Oxtails might not look like they have a lot of flavor, but these small cuts of beef tail contain fat, muscle and gelatin. Southern Smothered Oxtails is a true Southern comfort food. These oxtails are slow-cooked until they are fall-off-the-bone tender, then smothered in a homemade onion and garlic gravy.
It was my first time cooking oxtails. I always cook oxtails in a pressure cooker pot. Walmart has a great, affordable selection. You can cook Pan cooked Oxtail using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan cooked Oxtail
- You need 1 lb of Oxtail.
- You need 1/4 cup of browning or soy sauce(taste better with browning sauce).
- You need 2 tbsp of oxtail seasoning or your fav seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt 🧂.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumming.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 box of chicken stock (32oz).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped carrots 🥕.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion 🌰.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 of glove garlic.
- Prepare 1 can of buttered bean.
That need for long, slow cooking means oxtails in a Crock-Pot is a match made in culinary heaven. Stir this around the pan, scraping it to get up all of the tasty brown stuff that's sticking to the pan. A slow cooker is oxtail's best friend, and it could be yours too. This oxtail recipe is almost as simple as whacking all the ingredients into a slow cooker, going about your merry.
Pan cooked Oxtail instructions
- Wash oxtail, then add powdered seasonings and browning unto oxtail meat and mix well. Allow meat 🍖 to marinate overnight or 1hr.
- Pour cooking oil to pan and let hot,then add the oxtail and allow to brown/sear for 4mins on each side. Add chicken or beef stock and cover and allow to cook for 4 to 5hrs or until meat is tender. Cook in medium to low heat add water or stock when necessary..
- Once meat is tender add chopped onions, carrots 🥕, bell peppers, garlic and cover. Simmer for 10mins. Then add beans and cover for another 2mins. ENJOY!!.
Oxtail is particularly good when cooked in stews and soups. If you've never cooked oxtail before, you may be slightly uneasy about Not only are you flavoring the meat, you're also building the sauce, which depends on the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Using a pressure cooker, this hearty and flavorful tomato-based Oxtail Soup (Hong Kong Style Borscht) can be prepared in much less time! Return the oxtail to the pan and pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to a gentle simmer.