Lionhead Meatball Sub. Inspired by Shanghai and the love of the Classic Lionhead Meatball Noodles at Gu Sha, Ching cooks a healthy Chinese version of her Lionhead Meatball Noodle. These meatballs are awesome, and melt-in-your-mouth tender from a lengthy braise. This Meatball Sub has everything you want in a hot submarine style sandwich.
Using wetted hands, take a large mound of the minced meat mixture and mould into a ball a little larger than a golf ball. Because a meatball sub is the definition of comfort: saucy meatballs, melty cheese, toasted bread — what more could you want? Our meatballs are what make it: a combo of diced celery, carrots, onion. You can cook Lionhead Meatball Sub using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lionhead Meatball Sub
- It’s 2 tablespoons of mayochup.
- Prepare 3 of leftover Lionhead meatballs see my recipe.
- Prepare 5 slices of dill pickle chips.
- It’s 2 slices of American cheese.
- Prepare 1 slice of sausage roll.
Lion's head meatballs (Adam Liaw)Source: Adam Liaw. Transfer the meatballs to a heavy-based saucepan or baking dish. Add the soy sauces, sugar and enough stock or water to cover the meatballs. Shanghainese Lion's Head Meatballs. by: Cynthia Chen McTernan.
Lionhead Meatball Sub step by step
- Heat the meatballs, as they heat get the roll, and mayochup. Split open the roll..
- Add the mayochup. Add the pickle chips. Then the meatballs..
- Add the cheese on top, take that first bite. I hope you enjoy!!!.
WHY WE LOVE IT: These meatballs are just plain delicious, but they have two things in particular working to make them super tender: three eggs instead of two, and undergoing a quick steam on. For the meatballs, place all of the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine. With damp hands, take a large mound of the minced meat mixture and mould into a ball that is a little larger than a golf ball. Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining. Tender meatballs are simmered in a savory broth with cabbage in this Asian dish.